We're starting to get into the grind: biochem and cell biology, histology, genetics, and yet more cell biology. We're currently studying translation of proteins, post-translational modification, and transport within and out of the cell.
I like my classes, but I just feel that it's very strange to have the course directors continuously remind us that we should take time out from studies to stay sane and be human beings. From "be excellent!" to "remember, it's pass/fail" - well, it's a bit peculiar to try to figure out what that means I'm actually supposed to do with regards to studying.
I have been. Not as intensively as I could be, I suppose, but steadily working through the knowledge. It's fun. I remember the big picture fairly well, but the details are new and intriguing. I refuse to let this become a grind. This is fun.
After all, I have a well-defined goal and the time to learn new things. The knowledge is just about handed to us on a silver platter.
The question, however, is am I hungry enough for knowledge? Can I chew, eat, and digest this at the rate it's coming?
So far, it's manageable. After the test on Monday, well... we'll see what I say then.
I'm holding out for this being "fun" as long as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment