So it's the 15th week of medical school, first week of our neuromuscular module. (Hence the 15/1 designation in the titles). Week 14 was Thanksgiving break and a much needed chance to reset for anatomy!
I ran around trying to get scrubs today, feeling like an idiot at the scrubs machine when I couldn't get a clean pair, and only after a trip to the main laundry did I find out that administration had given me the wrong code... to quote one of my friends, with scrubs and lab coat, I feel like a "really legit" medical student - though I'm sure it will get old after a while.
We started with the spinal cord and vertebral column (with a laminectomy or a dissection showing \the spinal cord pre-dissected for us).

Tomorrow, the real fun begins: dissecting the back muscles and muscles of the shoulder/upper arm, and if we have time (which I doubt) the pectoral muscles ("pecs" of the upper chest).
No comments:
Post a Comment