Wednesday, September 1, 2010

year 2!

So I've started my second year of medical school.  It snuck up on me.  Besides spending quality time with the q-PCR machine at unfortunately early hours of the morning, weekend, and evening; moving; car-renting / IKEA / first time driving in a major city / furniture trip; and dealing with significant other suffering through eight weeks of surgery... I actually started out sick and pretty darn tired.

It was really a relief to start school and get out of class at 2 pm!  I'm still not really unpacked, but I really like our new apartment-ish suites (no living room, alas, only a small common space / kitchenette) and how much light they get.  I think my plants will be far happier here.

Host defense is fun, full of disgusting pictures of parasites and diseases, and... yeah, all around, much better adjusted.  I am so happy to NOT be a third year medical student at this moment.  I'm living it vicariously, and believe me, it's something I'm more than happy to let wait another, er, five years or thereabouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment