I didn't run yesterday because I wasn't feeling so good - went to bed early but took a while to get to sleep because my mind was roiling with information. I actually got out of bed a few times just to double-check some random facts in First Aid* about glycogen storage diseases that came to mind: What causes McArdle's disease? deficiency in muscle glycogen phosphyrlase... Pompe's? acid maltase / lysosomal alpha-1,4-glucosidase deficiency. Von Gierke's? glucose 6 phosphatase deficiency. What was that last weird one? Cori's disease, deficiency in debranching enzyme.
Got up super early this morning and studied for an hour but was feeling trembly and nauseous - realized it was just stress. I gave in and went for a run to blow off all the craziness. It's the sanest hour of my day: running along the waterfront in the sunshine, cool breeze, all the other happy runners out there too - a perfect day for a run. As an extra treat, I took about 10 minutes to do some calisthenics in the gym before showering and starting to study and was very happy to add an extra pullup to my normal (ahem! will not disclose) very small number.
*the bible for USMLE step 1 studying
No comments:
Post a Comment