The teaching assistants (TA's) for my math classes are awesome, as are my fellow students.
TA #1 had a Rubik's cube on my desk, solved. "Is that new or did you solve it?" I asked. Of course he had solved it. He offered it to me to work on, and I laboriously solved a layer or so. Handing it back to him in defeat, I then watched in awe as he solved it in probably 30 seconds. He's amazingly nice to boot, too.
TA #2 is substituting for TA #1 while he is on vacation. TA #2 besides working on rational drug design and optimization, confesses that he is considering running away to Argentina to become a tango instructor with a friend.
Classmate #1 is running a marathon this weekend. Classmate #2 is the president of some finance company. Classmate #3 is writing a book on economics.
This is not including the medical students, of whom three have completed Ironman triatholons, two have biked across the United States, and among whom marathoning is a pretty common goal.
But there is something to be said for getting out of the medical school ghetto, because I'm beginning to meet some very interesting people.
No comments:
Post a Comment