Wednesday, December 14, 2016

comfort level

I can see that I am really beginning to adjust.  I am getting better at clinical reasoning, and I am slowly reviewing the long-forgotten knowledge of the first two years of medical school.

Sleep deprivation is a huge problem for comprehension, cognition, communication, and even memory.  I need to sleep more.

Socially, I still find it oddly tiring, but I am getting better.

I am surprised to find that I really enjoy procedures and look forward to doing more procedural medicine.  I like the differential diagnosis, but I get tired of the constant talking and verbal communication of information that happens on inpatient pediatrics.

I do not feel lonely the way I did in graduate school.  I focus better, and the constant walking and movement does feel better physically than sitting in a chair all day long.

Ideally, I would get to do a mix of science, medicine, and teaching.  I think that would satisfy my brain and heart.  Procedural medicine would satisfy my kinetic sensibilities, which did not get much professional training in graduate school.

No comments:

Post a Comment