Friday, September 29, 2017

psychiatry

I just finished my last day of psychiatry today.  It's been a blur.

I'm so glad to be done with my last core clerkship of third year.  I am tired.

It has been incredibly interesting, but I do not like to be yelled at by psychotic patients or to feel unsafe physically (or wonder when security will show up).  I am rather tired of my only human interactions being with psychotic individuals.

But I learned a lot.  I am much less scared of delusions, suicidal ideation, bipolar disorder, and all the other things I have seen.  I have a fighting chance of recognizing a personality disorder, learning how to make boundaries, and identifying PTSD.

I am so tired though.  I like people, but it is very draining being with people with disorganized thoughts and hallucinations.  I am definitely not going to be doing psychiatry.

No comments:

Post a Comment