Friday, February 2, 2018

MD/PhD

It is close.

I have been buying swag with my school logo on it, and was debating getting my fleece personalized with my name followed by "MD/PhD."  I did not want to jinx it, though.

It was unreasonable how much those five letters will mean to me.

It has been a long, hard, dark road, often times with no finish line in sight.  We have struggled and come out the other end (almost).  We learned a lot.  We failed, frequently, fast, and hard.  We picked ourselves up again, even when we despaired.

I'm still scared about being a sub-intern and next year, an intern and then a resident.  I am scared about how little I know, about the holes in my knowledge, about the things I do not know.  I am excited about the future of mathematics in medicine.  I am excited about learning the medicine of past and creating the medicine of the future.

My mudphud classmates are like family to me, now.  It has been almost nine years, and the end is in sight: the end, and the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment