Friday, October 9, 2009

week 6: pacing

I think I'm starting to get into the swing of things. I've been pretty on top of things this week, as I've finally managed to study ahead for classes. It's so much better to at least pre-read before lecture as things are much more comprehensible that way.

I've also given up on textbooks to some extent and have really begun to utilize the recordings of seminars. The professors do a really good job explaining, and it's nice to be able to see and hear an explanation of how things work in more-or-less English.

I really enjoy our case studies, as my group (the mudphuds) just always seem to have something interesting to say. I haven't done much experimental work, so I really enjoy hearing everyone's input. One person has years of experience in genetics, we have several neuro guys, two in cancer, one in math. And our mentors are very interesting, as we usually get to talk to whomever is the resident expert, and in some way case study is a "history of the university" as people always go off on who they know, such-and-such experiments being done here...

So it's been fun. Test #3 is on Monday and I might even be reasonably prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment