Tuesday, October 13, 2009

week 7: pieces falling together

Anyway, test #3 is done as of this morning. I went to a talk on cancer pathways last week - and to my happy amazement, could actually follow it. What was even cooler is that I would not have been able to do so 12 hours before, as we had just that day covered the material!

We won't start anatomy till after Thanksgiving, so things are still pretty chill here. I'm sure it will be overwhelming in short order, but for the moment, it's actually a lot more relaxed than even my last two years of college, as I'm just doing school and not responsible for anything else on the side.

puzzle pieces
What's making it pretty fun is that I've heard all these proteins and pathway names tossed about (a few of which Tortoise is dreaming about) during the bazillions of lectures I went to at NIH, so it's neat to start to understand what they are, why they are important, and how it relates to human health and disease. It's sort of like finally being able to start putting together a puzzle after collecting pieces for a few years...

vaccination
I really did give a shot to my first real patient at a vaccination clinic last week. And... yeah, he did sort of have an expression like Tortoise's friend... the second person I vaccinated was much happier.

All in all, I'm still having fun, and determined to see how many weeks this can last for.

No comments:

Post a Comment