Thursday, April 20, 2017

feedback

A patient I saw in the ER saw me on the street and recognized me (to be fair, he was the chief resident for one of my friends).  He remembered us meeting in the ER and chit-chatting while I inspected the gash on his finger.  It healed well, he said.  The attending had tactfully decided to sew up his hand herself, given that he was also a physician, rather than let me do it.  Good call, especially considering that one of his parents was a plastic surgeon.

Another patient from women's clinic said, "When are you finishing residency?  I'll follow you and you can be my doctor!"

It's nice to have those moments, as opposed the ones like yesterday in the gynecology surgery, when I finally had a chance to close the skin on an incision and my resident says, "That's the best knot-tying I've seen all day!" and the chief resident interjects, "Yes, but the knots aren't doing anything" because I had forgotten to actually put tension on the stitch....

No comments:

Post a Comment