It's that time of year: the time to change the subtitle on this blog, but this time, rather than changing it from "x-th" to "(x+1)-th year MD/PhD student," I am changing it to just MD/PhD.
There are a few more letters after my name.
I don't feel any different than I did before graduation, but it is kind of cool. I have been looking forward for many years to changing the tag-line on this blog, creating a Facebook post ("You can call me Dr. Dr. ____"), and having my name with "M.D., Ph.D." embroidered on a white coat, but weirdly, I could never visualize myself onstage getting a diploma.
Well, that happened.
It happened so fast. I wanted to savor it more, but it all came and went so quickly.
This wasn't the day I was waiting for all these years, but it meant something. I didn't feel anything till after I walked across stage and looked at my diploma. The crowd was standing and applauding us, and to my surprise, I started crying. I have never cried tears of joy, but there were so many times I did not think I would make it to the end.
We did.
It was good.
You can call me Dr. Dr. ____ now.*
*...but please don't - that's weird - scientists are generally on a first-name basis
No comments:
Post a Comment