Each year, I change the subtitle of my blog to add another year. Have I been in training this long? I am somewhat in awe that the finish line seems to be in sight. I really might finish this medical scientist training program, amazingly.
I would say that this year has most easily been the most difficult year of the program for me. It was hard to deal with the emotional nature of illness and witnessing people's lives, yet I do see in retrospect that I did something meaningful.
As far as work, I would say that for my whole life, I have been lucky enough to enjoy my work and studies, so it never felt like work - until this year. Dragging oneself out of bed in the wee hours to mostly observe rather than participate was hard. Medicine feels like work in a way science never did to me.
But it's okay. It's all coming together.
No comments:
Post a Comment