I just have to say regarding the sheer coolness of my aerospace interview:
1) It's the only interview in which I sat through four panel interviews (of three people each)
2) It's the only interview in which one of my interviewers was supposed to be an astronaut (but she left before my interview)
3) It's the only interview in which I was repeatedly asked whether I wanted to be an astronaut
4) It's the only interview in which I was asked how prepared I was to interact with engineers (such a softball - that's literally my entire PhD/life doing interdisciplinary work)
5) It's the only interview I had with people trying to assess whether I'd be a good hire at NASA someday
6) It's the only interview in which I had three female pilots as co-applicants
7) It's the only interview in which a co-applicant was, in fact, an Air Force jet pilot
8) It's the only interview in which my rather bizarre path and skillset (endurance sports, aviation, mathematical biology, medicine, excessively interdisciplinary hobbies, a short attention span) was an asset rather than a mere curiosity or concerning for lack of focus.
Yay NASA.
No comments:
Post a Comment